Transformation sets the path for evolution. The greater pace of transformation leads us to evolve, evolve and be the best version of ourselves. You remember what your habits were when you were a child? Yes, you remember. But do you still carry those habits with you to this day? No, because we modify, we edit, we transform.
What is Lifestyle?
Lifestyle is the pattern of habits an individual follows on daily basis to lead the life. Some go with trends, some according to their culture, family and some people do exist who never pays attention to it. But I ask why? It is your life, live it the way you want to, else life will be mere survival in an eat-sleep-work cycle without any need to better yourself.
The technological advancements of the 21st century have given major benefactions but they have also rigorously changed habits, attitudes, ideology and perspectives which aggregate to form a lifestyle. Lifestyle is directly correlated to health. Your lifestyle impacts your health and personal well being. We can see around us how the need of infirmary has reached an apex. Unhealthy lifestyle and addictions have filled the coffers of health care industry and rehab centers.
How GOOD lifestyle impacts positively on health?
A good daily routine with healthy diet and exercise can prolong life and give you intrinsic happiness. Maintaining a good lifestyle in itself is a big task. It requires dedication and continued efforts. A healthy lifestyle will lead you to focus on your work with a lot of positive energy. Here are a few positive effects of Good Lifestyle.
- Your Mood: Yes! Your mood is a reflection of your lifestyle. People around you will feel your infectious happy mood. Your mood and emotional well being will get better with each passing day once you stick to your healthy lifestyle.
- Immune System: For a good lifestyle you must eat healthy, sleep for 6-8 hours, exercise daily, and think positively. A healthy lifestyle can enhance your body’s immune system. This will further empower you to stay active and confident.
- Appearance: As a healthy individual you will look good. It would be hard to miss the glow on your face. Lifestyle also includes how you dress, how you walk, how you talk, and whom do you spend your time with. It is therefore very important to self reflect on the choices you make and company you keep.
- Endurance, Energy, and Strength: Energy comes from good habits and positive environment. If you think that you are lacking in strength and endurance, then it is probably because of your physical and mental health is being compromised due to unhealthy lifestyle.
- Longer Life: To age gracefully and for a long life you need to adopt a healthy daily routine. Breathing in fresh air and eating organic food can go a long way in keeping your skin, eyes, hairs and body healthy as you age.
How BAD lifestyle impacts negatively on health?
Good lifestyle gives you a feel of heaven whereas bad lifestyle can slowly crush your body from within. In today’s world, so many people tend to NOT follow healthy habits, even when they know that it negatively affects their health. Recent studies have highlighted various negative effects of unhealthy food, lack of exercise, smoking and consumption of excessive alcohol on personal and public health.
Lack of outdoor activity and excess use of mobiles and laptops, the young generation faces risk of weak eye sights. Obesity is escalating, and cases of mental disorders are increasing drastically.
- Diseases: Overtime, the affect of unhealthy lifestyle shows in the form of chronic diseases such as Diabetes (type 1 and type 2), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, kidney malfunction, hypertension (high blood pressure), cardiovascular diseases, hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol), asthma and coronary artery disease.
- Negative Fields: Yes, you heard right. If you have bad lifestyle then you will feel lazy, tired, and weak. Meditation and exercise is essential for physical, emotional and mental well being. The negativity from unhealthy habits will follow you to your work, home, school, and your friends. It is not good for people around you as well. Degraded quality of personal relationships and professional satisfaction are warning signs that you need to act fast on improving your lifestyle.
- THEIR perspective: People around you would feel repelled by the negativity generated due to unhealthy lifestyle. If you act tired or weak around others they will eventually start avoiding you and this will further for your personal or professional life.
How to improve your lifestyle?
Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. What you do in the morning affects your whole day. So you can start your day from making your bed. Making your bed will give you positive energy, to keep working throughout the day. Have a healthy breakfast and read something positive, then you can exercise, meditate, or do yoga to begin your day on a positive note. These habits definitely will make you happier and healthier overtime. You can follow the mantra “EARLY TO BED, EARLY TO RISE”.
“Small choices become actions,
actions become habits,
and habits become way of our life.”
I am a world enthusiast, pursuing engineering in Electronics. I write on health and travel niche occasionally. I have written for several tech blogs and news websites. I have also worked as a marketing advisor. When I am not working, I study or play video-games and have an extra slice of pizza.